Monday, January 14, 2013

Or Not

So the boat, my boat, left without me.

Comfortably and punctually entrained this Monday morning, thanks to the pre-dawn efforts of His Honor, the Mayor, I rolled toward Philadelphia in confidence of a Tuesday sail. True, not having heard over the weekend as promised from my agents in London the final details of departure, I waxed anxious, sleepless, in fact, that the universe might hap that I miss the boat. However, the Amtrak wifi carried blissful morning news. In the long awaited email, my agents confirmed the Tuesday sail date and passed along contact information for the boarding process. Not long after I greeted these contacts electronically and more or less repeated the good word through various media to concerned parties, I received further and final word that the Rickmers Shanghai had, actually, already sailed. Just like that. Really. A kind of reverse shanghai.